Welcome! Thank you for joining our mission to help school board and budget committee members discover their powers.
A few things to help you get the most out of your SDGA membership:
1) All meetings and events are posted on SDGANH.org and in our monthly newsletters.
2) We offer seminars for members and the public. Attend, and invite your like-minded friends. Invite them to join the organization also.
3) Board meetings are held once a month, usually on the first Saturday. All members and their guests are welcome to attend. Location: 8 N. Main St., Second Floor, Concord, NH.
4) Members-only discussions take place on Slack. Send me an email to get invited. This is where you can ask questions of members and get to know them.
5) Our Annual General Meeting takes place on the third Saturday in May. Help decide the direction of the organization by voting on legislative initiatives, board members, by-law changes, and even seminar topics.
6) Committees is where the real work gets done:
- Accountability: to assist currently elected officials when their boards or budget committees fail to adhere to RSAs or their own policies.
- Budget and Finance: to educate elected school district officials in correct budget practices and preparation
- Communication and Outreach: responsible for communication and technology choices within the SDGA as well as outgoing public relations strategies, materials and execution.
- Curriculum and Assessment: to help current board members and the public understand issues with curriculum and assessment decisions.
- Legislative Affairs: to monitor legislation relating to school district and SAU governance and budgets, and to propose and draft legislation to advance the objectives of SDGA.
- Policy: to formulate model policies for adoption by school boards wishing to advance the values of transparency, accountability, local control and parental rights.
Again, thank you for joining SDGA. We look forward to your contributions, and hope you get as much out of it as we do.
All the best,